I recently cleared out more than half of my nail polish collection – watch the video here! I was harboring too many shades that I never touched and simply needed to let go. Now with a newly streamlined stash of colors I do actually use, I thought I would share my top five neutral polishes.
- Essie Urban Jungle: You know how you can get your eyebrows tattooed on? Sometimes I wish I could tattoo this color on my nails. It’s a classy, creamy, light beige that strikes a perfect balance between white and nude, and it works for every occasion.
- Essie Chinchilly: I reach for this one when I’m not feeling my usual nude and pink colors, but want to stick with something understated. Chinchilly is a light creamy grey that isn’t too warm or cool.
- Essie Flawless: I get it, this color is underwhelming in the bottle. It looks like every other light pink by every other nail brand, but once I get it on my nails, I feel transformed. The hue is wonderfully flattering.
- Butter London Kerfuffle: Take it from me, you need this one in your life. Kerfuffle is a creamy light peachy pink that suits everything: short or long nails, fingers or toes, fair or tan skin. This will be one of the few polishes I actually use up and repurchase.
- Nails Inc. Bamboo White: Similar to Urban Jungle, this one is a light pinky cream that’s also universally wearable. What really stands out with this one is the streak-free, opaque formula… something you don’t find very often in the nude polish family! This was LE and may be difficult to get your hands on now, but take a peek in your local Sephora and it might be in stock!
I guess you can say I love my creamy neutral shades. I just love how they work for every look and I never have to worry if my polish is clashing with my outfit/occasion/etc. What are your most worn neutrals?