Between spontaneous beauty purchases and surprise boxes on my doorstep from PR companies, my beauty routine is constantly rotating and acquiring new products. Here are five items that I’ve recently started trying and my thoughts on them!
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation: New for 2016, I think this foundation is going to be a hit. It’s medium coverage and makes my skin look flawless. The consistency and feel reminds me of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation – thick, creamy and hydrating – but the finish is a soft matte. I also like that the shade selection has a good balance of cool and warm tones.
- Physician’s Formula Eye Booster Instant Lash Extension Kit: I’m generally a fan of Physician’s Formula products, but YIKES this one did not work for me. It’s a two step mascara + “extension” duo where you apply the mascara, tap the “extension” product over the mascara while wet, then add another coat of mascara to seal it in. The problem? The extension product is a wand full of dark lint. Upon opening, my bathroom sink became covered in fuzzy black particles, and when I tried applying it to my lashes I ended up with fuzz all over my eye area. Have any of you been able to make this one work? Let me know.
- Maybelline Master Precise Skinny Gel Pencil in Sharp Brown: I just raved about this in my January Favorites – you guys HAVE to check this pencil out. It has a super fine tip, great pigmentation, and it locks in place all day long. I’m obsessed.
- Jouer Glisten Brightening Powder: I’ve been sweeping this over my cheekbones to highlight and it’s gorgeous. The peachy sheen gives my skin a noticeable glow and the finely milled powder goes on really smoothly. Very happy with this one so far!
- blowpro textstyle dry texture spray: My fine, limp hair lives for dry texturizing sprays – they’re always the final step of my hairstyling routine to give my locks an extra boost – but I’m on the fence about this one from blowpro. It adds some volume to my hair, but I don’t know if it’s in the same league as the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray or Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish Spray (two of my favorites). We’ll see.
What new products are you trying right now?